Monday, January 18, 2010

You're growing like a weeeeeeed!!

We went to see your pediatrician, Dr Weinstein for your 4 month appointment on January 9th. You now weigh 15 lbs, 8 oz. You've also grown to 24" long! I cannot believe that just 4 months ago you weighed just 6 lbs, 3 oz and were only 18.5" long.
Dr Weinstein looked you over and said you look fantastic! He even complimented me on doing such a great job with you! He didn't forget to mention how cure you are, either! He even said that you should be the new face for Gerber. He gave us the green light to start you on cereal. I was SO excited that I took you straight to the grocery store to pick up cereals and pureed fruits. I got you home, sat you in your bebe pod and told you how exciting this would be!!!
Before:
After:
To say that you hated it would be an understatement! I was so bummed. I thought you would love the different tastes/ textures since you've been drinking formula for each and every meal for the last 4 months. I've tried some other combinations (oatmeal with pears, peaches & bananas). You do like pears and bananas... just don't seem to like the cereal. However, you will drink the cereal if I mix it with your formula and feed it to you in a bottle. I think we'll just keep feeding you by bottle for a while longer and try introducing you to the solids a little later. No rush in making you grow up!

No comments: