Monday, January 23, 2012

33? Here we go!

Man! Where have I been?! I haven't written in almost 2 weeks. Must be a record.

I know, I know. You must have been beside yourselves, just waiting to hear from me. ;-)

As I write this, I'm surrounded by two sick kids-- both diagnosed with respiratory infections while at the Dr today (don't be too startled--it's just a fancy name for the common cold).

Both kids are struggling with their normal routines due to trouble sleeping from a hacking cough. I've been averaging about 4 hours a night between the two of them-- demanding to be fed, diaper changed, juice cup refilled, etc.

All this creates a super tired Mommy-- especially considering I'm all on my own due to Ken being out of town since yesterday morning. He left for Dallas and won't be back till Wednesday-- which also means, I'll be celebrating my birthday for the first time without him in nearly 8 years (Thank God for good friends who have agreed to meet for sushi and drinks at Nabuki!). In the meantime, Ken is sending me pics of him, in front of Tony Romo's cubby at the Cowboy Stadium, while he is "hard at work". Nope, I'm not jealous one bit. Not at all. Jerk. ;-)

Looking back, I have to say, 32 was a great year! We were blessed with another baby and our family has grown beyond anything I could have ever imagined or hoped for. I also made some wonderful friends and taken amazing vacations. We even had some great, memorable date nights-- despite me being the DD to my schnockered husband.

So tonight as I bid my 32nd year adieu, I am throwing back a hefty glass of wine (think: goldfish bowl). All by my lonesome. Pitty party?? Perhaps.

I do hope my birthday brings a day of healthy, smiling babies though-- and a big, fat diamond from the hubs wouldn't be too bad either.

33-- here I come!


No comments: