Friday, July 6, 2012

Ain't no stoppin' us now!

We began our mini-kitchen remodel today! I suppose I have Pinterest to thank for our newest venture-- well that and that fact that my dear friend Kate (of Kate Marnell Interiors) is an amazing interior designer  and is always showing me the things she's purchased for clients. 

The combination of Pinterest and Kate has sent me up the creative flagpole. I am literally going nuts, planning all sorts of crazy-redecorating schemes. 

Anywhooooo, this picture (that I found on Pinterest) is the inspiration for our new kitchen!

As you can see by the before pics below, we are tearing down a wall that separates the kitchen from the living room. I've always disliked it, as it cuts the rooms off, making the place seem smaller and doesn't allow for the open space living I LURV! The only thing that I will miss is the large pantry. Maybe with less food, I'll eat less-- in hopes to weigh less!

Here are a few before pics, as well as during-demo pics (forgive my blurry iPad pics): 






It doesn't look like much now, but I can already feel the open-ness! Woo Hoo! The two by fours come out tomorrow and BAM- No more wall! 

When the wall/ arch is complete, we'll be installing new light fixtures too! 

This one will be over our dining room table:

And we'll have two of these hanging over the island. 

Oh, and did I mention we'll also be moving the island 8 inches (toward the demolished wall)? Yep, we're going to have SO much more room! Next up on the list? Picking out a new paint color for the kitchen! Got any ideas? Let's hear 'em! 

1 comment:

~Kristi said...

I vote for a super soft blue (like what is in the Pinterest picture). I think it would look pretty with your cherry cabinets and the new silver lights. Can't wait to see the finished product!