Tuesday, April 7, 2009

The waiting game

We're 18 weeks today!  Just 12 more days and we get to find out the sex of our little nugget (or "Sweet Potato" this week, according to thebump.com).  The majority of the people weighing in are voting "GIRL"... with just a few (including Ken) voting "BOY".   People keep asking what I think it is... and I haven't a clue.  So, to help pass the time I've begun registering... Which by no means, is an easy thing to do considering I don't have the slightest clue of what I need.  I mean, do you know how many types of bottles there are?!?!  And don't get me started on strollers!  Thank goodness I have girlfriends that I can go to for advice about this stuff.  They've helped me tremendously... telling me what I won't be able to live without and what is a waste of money.  So as of now, I'm registered at Pottery Barn Kids, Babies R' Us, Target, Nini & Loli and BuyBuyBaby.com.  It's fun to play with on nights when the boredom kicks in... I add stuff, delete stuff, research... it really does help to kill time :)
We're also waiting for another milestone to occur... we're waiting for Baby G to make it's first move.  All the books and baby websites say that we should feel it "flutter" sometime between 16 and 22 weeks.  Nothing yet.  Sometimes when we're watching TV or when I'm reading, I'll sit real still... hold my breath and see if I can feel it.  Still nothing.  We're incredibly excited for that to happen!  It will be really special to start feeling Baby G move around.... a feeling of reassurance too.  All this time, I just get to hope that all is progressing as expected, until I am lucky enough to hear that heartbeat.  Once I feel it move, I'll know the little bugger is in there, hanging out in it's mini baby condo, doing aerobics and all kinds of other mischief.  Either way, it will be nice to know that all the sacrifice (thus far) has been for a reason... for that tiny little baby that is made up of Ken and I.  

1 comment:

Krista said...

I cannot wait for you to feel him/HER move! It is an amazing - and reassuring - feeling. It's kinda wierd, too, though...especially when you see your stomach move and change shapes b/c the baby inside is changing positions! 18 weeks - WOW. The time has flown by! You are almost half way!!! Can you believe it? All that hoping and praying has paid off! :)