Saturday, March 14, 2009

St Patty's Day Weekend

It's St. Patrick's Day weekend and I'm feeling a little bummed out.  I would love to be out with all the crazies, doing "kegs and eggs" and watching the city workers dye the river green...  This is THE biggest party weekend in Chicago.  
In fact, when we went to breakfast this morning (at 8 AM), people were already congregated in large crowds, donned in green wigs & ridiculous outfits, making their way downtown to start  drinking.  In fact, most had already started... carrying Irish Coffees as they climbed the stairs to the El, with cases of beer in the other hand.  
I'm thinking that I'll try and plan better next time around, and try not be pregnant on St Patty's Day weekend!  For now though, we're enjoying the low-key weekend, snuggled up on the couch with the boys :)  
The pregnancy is going great!  We're in the middle of our 14th week now.  Just 6 more weeks and we can figure out whether to plan for football cleats or ballet shoes!  I'm feeling great... trying to keep busy to make the time pass faster (lord knows that patience isn't my strongest trait).  
              

1 comment:

Krista said...

Kristi - I think that no matter when you are pregnant, you (unfortunately) always miss certain drinking events. :( I went to the local liquor store to pick up some wine for dinner tonight and thought, "oh, that beer looks good...oh, I bet that wine tastes GREAT...man, I could use a cosmopolitan". It was only about 11:30 but I agree - on St. Patty's Day, you have to start early! ;) Maybe Dennis and I can make it to Chi-town one year to celebrate the fun day (or weekend) w/ y'all when no one is prego ... either with kids in tow or at the grandparents. :) It's raining here in Atlanta, so it's a little easier for me to NOT miss all the St. Patty's activities that are probably goin on today. :) Do they make green O'Doul's for you?