Saturday, May 8, 2010

My Mother...

My Mother is special to me because:
I perform, she cheers.
I fail, she consoles.
I laugh, she laughs.
I cry, she understands.
I complain, she listens.
I celebrate, she smiles.
I take, she gives.
I try to show her I love her, 
she has already shown me. 


A very big thank you to my dear friend Marjorie for sharing this poem with me.  I am ashamed to admit it, but I now value Mother's Day so much more, now that I know how much work it truly is... work indeed, yet the reward is better than any other.  Now that I will be celebrating my very first Mother's Day, I feel it is necessary to celebrate my own Mother.... that for many years received no thank-you's or pats on the back for how incredible she was to overcome the daily struggles that came at her, smiling through all the heartache and sadness of my Dad's illness(es).  Despite it all, she always had a way of making everything "OK".


Happy Mother's Day to my wonderful, beautiful, strong, happy, supportive & loving Mom- Norma Jean Bower.  I love you more every day and strive to be at least 1/2 of the Mother that you are to me...  Ava Jean could only be so lucky.  I could NOT ask for more.  Thank you.


This photo is of my Mom and I when I was 6 months old.

No comments: