Friday, April 6, 2012

Move over diaper cake!

I recently attended a baby shower for a friend of mine. We were asked to bring some must have baby items, all to give the second-time Mommy some stuff to welcome her baby boy. Well, I had originally thought I could give her a box of diapers. But that seemed WAY too boring. Then I thought about doing a diaper cake-- but I had never done one before. So off to Google I went. I saw some darling ones. But then I saw the one I knew I HAD to do. It was a diaper motorcylce. Talk about adorable!

So I immediately got to work, shopping for all the necessary items to put this little fella together.

Here are the items necessary to complete the bike:
  • 3 bibs
  • 1 bottle
  • 2 receiving blankets
  • 1 pair shoes
  • 2 linky rings
  • Stuffed animal
  • Newborn outfit
  • Newborn sunglasses
  • Newborn hat



Loop one of the receiving blankets through center of each of the wheels, hiding the ends in the wheels
Pull another receiving blanket through the front wheel and secure on top with 2 linky rings.
Be sure to add "tread" to the wheels (I used red and white polkadot ribbon)
Shoes as handlebars!
Bottle as motorcycle headlight
Lastly, secure your little guy (dressed in the newborn outfit, sunglasses and hat) to the bike.
He looks like a little stud, eh?!

It was a hit! And I'll be making this from now on for baby showers!

2 comments:

Diaper Cakes By Abby said...

Thanks! That motorcycle diaper cake looks really cute. I always wondered how they were made!

ediapercakes said...

Your motorcycle cake is way too adorable.