Sunday, May 1, 2011

Not exactly a green thumb...

... but I'm certainly working on it. I planted hundreds (yes, hundreds) of plants and flowers this weekend--and I'm completely exhausted. After 3 trips to Home Depot (and multiple trips to the car to empty the cart, before heading back to reload) I brought home enough plants to fill the planters and sparse areas that were currently occupied with nothing but dirt and weeds.







Tomatoes that grow upside down and don't require a garden?! Of course I fell for it (I even bought 2). Just the aroma of the tomato plants reminds me of my Grandma's garden and how we'd go out there to pick fresh tomatoes and other yummies.  

I am sooooo excited about my herbs! I planted two of these planters... full of Basil, Rosemary, Cilantro & Oregano. I even had Ken bolt them onto the deck railing so they won't fall over (which would inevitably happen had he not done it). 

Meanwhile, Willy sat in a bed of dandelions, looking like Ferdinand the Bull-- Just sitting quietly, smelling the flowers. It was adorable. Too bad I didn't have my camera on me for that one.


"Ferdinand the Bull"

Nor did I have the camera available to capture Ava picking all of the dandelions on the side of the yard, collecting them, then running toward me, yelling "Mama! Mama"-- and handing me her squished up bouquet of dandelions-- which by that point had already stained her hands yellow. Her nose was yellow too... which meant one thing-- she was busy smelling those dandelions, too. She loves to smell the flowers! Just last week decided to sniff the tulips. Lucky for me, the camera was ready!

1 comment:

~Kristi said...

It looks good sista. I'm impressed with how hard you worked....didn't know you had it in ya.