Saturday, August 6, 2011

She's Crafty!

Ava will be 2 years old in less than a month! How crazy is that?! I feel like she was JUST born. Time really does fly. I look at her newborn pictures and I don't even recognize her.

To celebrate the big occasion, we are going to have a Mickey Mouse Themed party, complete with a bounce house and sprinklers for the little ones to run and play, while the adults enjoy an all day barbecue at the new house (ok, it's not new anymore but 90% of the people that are coming haven't seen our new digs-- so there!).

Here are the invitations I made for the party. I probably would have saved a fortune had I just bought them online or ordered some from Etsy. I like doing things like this though-- And maybe someday, Ava will look back and appreciate the little extra bits of love I added to these birthday parties of hers. Maybe. :)





Next up, I have to work on things like her birthday banner, welcome signs, and other fun little decorations to put around for the par-tay. I thought it would be fun to dress up like Minnie for the party so I Googled "adult minnie mouse costume". Here are my options:


Yeah. Um. I think I'll pass. 

Can you imagine opening the front door to your kid's party wearing one of these outfits? I'm sure Ken would love it. Can't say the same for the rest of the party goers. Maybe if I were part of The Real Housewives of Hoochville I could get away with it.

So, my next thought was "Perhaps I'll just wear some Mickey ears"... and this is what I found:
WTF?!

Looks like I'll be making my own ears, too.  :-/

2 comments:

Brooke C said...

I am in your same FB book club. :o) Anyway, I like your blogs! They make me laugh/smile!! Keep up the good writing! It's enjoyable to read!!!

I am also preggers (30 weeks now). We have a 15-month-old, Mason. Isn't mommyhood a blast?

Cheers!
Brooke

Unknown said...

Thanks Brooke!! :)