Thursday, October 6, 2011

Be Still My Heart.




I enrolled Ava in dance class today.

Yep. You heard it correctly. Next Thursday, my tiny-little-two-year-old will begin classes at Impact Dance Studio. The class is called Twinkle Tots and is a 45-minute session that she will learn both ballet and tap.

I am so excited I can barely stand it. I've already been shopping online for tiny leotards and tights. They're so small. I can't keep from laughing from my silly giddy-ness.

I haven't ordered her shoes yet because we are waiting to get measured at her first lesson-- But can you just imagine how tiny they will be?!?! OMG. I am MELTING. And the teeny-weeny tap shoes?

I asked if there is a dress code and she is supposed to wear a black leotard and pink tights (skirts are optional).

I cannot wait. I highly doubt I'll be able to sleep at all on Wednesday night. And sadly, like most experiences I get overly excited about... it will probably end up in a complete and utter disaster. I just say this because that's how it always goes; I think she senses my excitement and it makes her nervous or something. I'm sure that she'll instead be the booger picking spaz that won't sit still and refuses to follow directions. No clue where she would learn such behavior...?!?!

We will just have to wait and see how it goes. And yes. Regardless of her behavior or dance ability, I'll likely be the "Dance Mom" taking a million pics while cheering behind the glass (holding home-made signs that say "GO AVA!"). I know, I know. I'm going to scar this kid for life. Oh well. It's time she just gets used to it. And the teacher had better know... Nobody puts Avey in a corner! I don't want to have a confrontation with her but trust me on this-- I will if necessary. ;-)  Oh, stop. I'm totally kidding. Geez. I'm not THAT crazy.
"Not up in HERE! NOT UP IN HERE!"

No comments: