Friday, October 28, 2011

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!

I got a call from the Hinsdale Chamber of Commerce yesterday. Apparently, Little Miss Sock Hop (Ava) was a contest winner at the Fall Festival Costume Contest. How cute is that? Apparently, there is a prize waiting for us at the office! Pretty cool considering I didn't even think they got a picture of her costume-- she was in mid-meltdown status over a lost balloon as we were filling out the form. So you can imagine, I was surprised to hear that she was chosen as a winner. I'm not complaining-- we love free loot!

Unfortunately, their office was only open till noon today and we didn't make it over in time to pick up her prize. I wonder what it could be?!?! Is it crazy to think that she might have won an iPad?? Crazy, yes... but that is just the prize-winner's-Mom's wishful thinking doing the talking. :)

I told Ava the stellar news and she didn't even flinch away from watching Dora-- not sure what it is with that show but she LOVES it. 

I'll be sure to keep you posted on the goods once I get my grubby paws on them.  I have every intention of going to the office on Monday-- that is, unless I'm shacking up at Hinsdale Hospital. At this point, the countdown stands at 7 more days till we meet our little man but you just never know what he has planned. I guess we'll just have to wait and see! Either way, in one week we are going to be a family of 4-- and I just can't believe it.

No comments: