Friday, June 24, 2011

And... exhale.

Ahhhh. That is the sound of me finally relaxing after a long week. I sent Ava to the store (not alone silly) with her Daddy, to get some wine. Yes, I said wine. You see, after the 20 week mark of pregnancy, I give myself (and my pregnancy) a little slack (well, I did with Ava... and I'm following suit with this one, too)- which means, I have a glass (or two) of wine on the weekend. Why not? It's my treat to myself for surviving another week of being pregnant, while chasing an uber-busy toddler. I like to call it wine-ding down. Get it?! Hardy har har. And not to worry, I'm not pouring myself the usual-goldfish-bowl-sized glass, like I do when I'm non-pregnant. I stick to the appropriate serving size considering I'm growing a human in my belly. Speaking of belly-- I ordered Papa Johns tonight for the first time in what had to be 10 years. I have to say, I could drink that garlic butter sauce. It's so good. The pizza wasn't bad either.

It turns out our sketchy ass neighbors (two houses down) finally moved out. Half the neighborhood was outside today, rejoicing their departure. There was a lot of traffic going in and out of that house for the last 6 months--not to mention 2 pit bulls (that were NEVER trained)--and I never had a good feeling about what was going on behind closed doors. Boy was I right?! Turns out, the house is in ruins... basement is flooded from the storm (due to them not paying their electric bill), the garage was full of garbage, the house was a mess, etc. Needless to say, we were all VERY glad to see them go.

"Buh bye twee" - Ava
Also, we had a few guys stop by last night to ask if we wanted a quote to remove all of the damaged trees from the property. $650 later, we are now without broken branches/ trees and our house looks non-disheveled, which is always nice.

There are still people in town that are without power, which is awful! I would have taken a mini-vacay to see family if that were me.

The weather is supposed to be cooperative this weekend, which means we are hitting the pool! We have some additional cleanup work to do in the yard, as well as tearing down what is left of that crappy-ass gazebo (we were NOT meant to have that damn thing!), but all in all it should be a great weekend. I am looking forward to some R&R, that's for sure!

No comments: