Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Enough with the Control Freaks!

Ava is napping and I find myself sitting here, watching "A Baby Story" on TLC. I dont' know why I do this to myself. Every time I watch it, I get so angry at these women & their doofus husbands that I want to throw my TV across the room.

First of all, what the hell are you trying to prove with attempting to endure natural childbirth?! I for one, think you are certifiably crazy. I can without a doubt say this because I practically had it... and I vow to NEVER go through that again. For me, Ava was coming so quickly that the 1st epidural did not work-- and by the time the second one was administered I was starting to push, which means I felt the entire laboring process (which I am told is the worst part) and I still have nightmares about it. I was that lady, screaming every swear word in the book, loud enough that the entire floor could hear me.

Just take the drugs. What are you trying to prove? There's no shame in it. NONE. If you want to try going natural, fine. But don't feel bad for following the other 90% of women out there and going for the "good stuff" in the end. As far as I am concerned, I will be camping out at the hospital from week 39, just so I can get my drugs as soon as labor starts.

And for the husbands on these shows that make ignorant statements like, "Well, we decided to go with the epidural. It is disappointing that we have come this far and to resort to the drugs but we feel it's necessary." Alright. Back the hell up, Mister. Have YOU ever squeezed a watermelon out from "down there"?  No. So stop acting all disappointed about the fact that your poor wife and her separated pelvis would like an ounce or two of pain relief.

And for the other husbands that insist on "exclusive breastfeeding", let me ask you something: Have you ever had a child (who's jaws have the strength of a pit bull) latching onto one of the most sensitive parts of YOUR body? What's that?! No??? OK. Then STFU. Thanks.

Vent over. See? I told you I shouldn't watch this stupid show. These people get me SO fired up.

Luckily I have a husband that is my cheerleader. No judging, rather he plays a major support system in the decisions I make about MY body. Besides, he knows better than to question my decisions when I'm under an immense amount of pain.

Enough said. 

1 comment:

Laura said...

I just gave you an award on my blog!!! Check it out!! lauraevans83.blogspot.com