Monday, January 3, 2011

Move over Carrie Bradshaw...

... and make way for Kristi Gilbert, new Columnist/ Contributor for Patch (AOL's local news arm, which has 775 bureaus across the country). The Editor came across my blog and inquired as to whether or not I would be interested in writing for them. I have been specifically asked to write for the local Hinsdale-Clarendon Hills bureau and I will have my very own "Mommy column" which will cover all sorts of things including being new to the area and our adventures in and around Clarendon Hills & Hinsdale. Exciting stuff! It's not the Tribune, but I'll take it! And even better... it pays!

I have a feeling I'll be getting writer's block now that there is pressure... and a Sunday evening deadline. I'll keep you posted as things evolve. Wish me luck! :)

KG

5 comments:

kristalangmartin said...

Congrats ! Yay Momma!

Laura Evans said...

OMG, OMG, OMG!!!!!! Kristi-this is AWESOME NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!! You get to STILL be a stay at home MOM, write your blog, AND GET PAID!!!!!!!!!!!!!

print girl ink said...

HOT DAMN THAT IS AWESOME!!!

Mascara meets Matchbox said...

Congrats Kristi!!!! amazing! Let me know if they need a North Shore person! hahaha...

Kerri Navarro said...

HOORAY! So excited for you!