Friday, April 22, 2011

GUESS WHAT...?!?!?

I am stone cold sober. And no, unfortunately it's not by choice. Nope-- instead, it's the growing organism in my belly that is preventing me from my usual antics.


Have you put 2 + 2 together?! If so, then you are correct!! There's a bun in my supersonic-oven and it's expected to make its arrival in early November!! 

Can I get a Yahoooooo!?!


What is so crazy about this pregnancy? We weren't even trying. In fact, we were actively waiting until our trip to Grand Cayman was over (so I could booze with the rest of the pack), but the universe clearly had other plans-- and trust me, we welcome those plans with open arms! We were just completely blindsided by the news!


I first found out when I was just shy of 8 weeks. I didn't feel right-- I was queasy, sleepy, and some things had just gotten-- well, bigger (including what soon resembled a beer gut-- which had me completely perplexed, especially considering I had been working out so much-- "Why the hell am I growing a belly when I should be sporting a six-pack?!"). 

I decided to take a test and sure enough, two lines showed up immediately. I could NOT believe my eyes!  What is super-ironic is I wrote an article for one of my columns called "Knocked Up"-- all about how 23 of my friends were pregnant, and how I couldn't believe it; everyone and their dog seemed to be pregnant!!-- And who knew?!?-- Yours truly was already "with child"!

I am so excited to share our news. At 10 weeks I took an 
Intelligender test; the test boasts 82% accuracy as for predicting the gender of your baby as early as 10 weeks-- and friends of mine who have taken this test have ALL had accurate results.  With that said... the test said: BOY! The Chinese Gender Chart (which was accurate with Ava), on the other hand, says GIRLTo be honest, we could care less either way-- we just want a happy, healthy baby. 


Clearly, Mom & Jim were excited to learn the news! We shared with them when we landed in Florida last week. Call me crazy, but I don't think they care about the gender, either!




I went today for my 12 week checkup to hear the heartbeat. After a minute or two, the Dr found it, beating strong at a solid 173 BPM.  Needless to say, everything looked GRRRRRR-8! When we ask Ava if she is excited to be a big sister, she either responds "Nooooo!" or "Jessssss!"-- pretty sure she has NO clue what it means just yet. I do think she will be an excellent big sis when the time comes, though. It does make me a little sad--thinking that she won't be my baby anymore. I had better just get over that, right? Not much choice in the matter because this little nugget is coming! 

4 comments:

Tasha said...

Wooo hooo!!!!! How exciting! Congrats to you and your family! That is GREAT news!:)

Stacia said...

OMG your mom's reaction is hilarious!!! awww congrats girly! now let's pray ellen picks us for her show!!!

Krista said...

Yay yay yay!!

Laura Evans said...

LOVE the video!!!!!! I got sooo teary eyed!!! I'm thinking you should submit this video to our good friend Ellen!! Just a thought!! CONGRATS!!!!!