Thursday, October 14, 2010

We got the keys!!!

After 3 1/2 hours of sitting at the closing table, we finally got the funds from Wells Fargo... a company which I now despise for making the last month of our lives MISERABLE. I will snarl every month when I see them on our bank statement. Nonetheless, we are IN!

Cute story: When we pulled into the drive after we got the keys, a friendly, jovial man (Jerry) came across the street to welcome us to the neighborhood. He shook Ken's hand... and went in for the hug with me (which I thought was strange...but what the hey... maybe people are just really happy out here). Not 30 minutes later, Jerry came over, knocked on our "new door" and officially welcomed us with a bottle of Pinot Noir, 2 dixie cups, corkscrew & 3 liters of soda. I think I LOVE THIS GUY.

At the house- I cleaned out the fridge, vacuumed the bedrooms and cleaned out / dusted the cabinets. And for the first time in my life, I didn't mind doing it! I am SO PROUD of our new home. I think I have so much pride in it since it is "ours". Sure, the condo is ours... but it's technically Ken's converted bachelor pad that has been busting at the seems since Ava (and all of her gear) arrived... and the dogs... and me.  The new place was chosen by the both of us... for our family and our future.   And I anticipate and hope for many happy memories in our new, cozy dwelling.

Movers come tomorrow at 8... and we will be ON OUR WAY! 

No comments: