Sunday, October 31, 2010

Unfinished visit

A few weeks back, I wrote a post about "The house that built me"... based on the song by Miranda Lambert (playing in the background of my blog).

My Mother was so moved by this post... considering our family's story. We lost Dad in February of 98 and the "house that built me" was sold, less than a year later. There was so much going on that there was very little time for goodbye.

She and I spoke today... mostly about how Ava handled her 2nd annual Halloween, and some other family stuff.

During our conversation Mom let me in on one of my xmas presents.

I am literally crying as I write this.

My Mother went to the door of the home on Kimberly Drive (where I grew up)... walked up... rang the bell... and explained to the current owners, my longing for one last walk-through of the house "that built me". The owners happily obliged and said that we are welcome to come back during out trip back home over Christmas.

I'm so speechless. All I can do is cry. I don't know if it's because I'm going to finally say goodbye... or if it's because I'm afraid of remembering all of the wonderful memories.

Either way. My Mom is one in a million. I cannot believe she did this for me. I am truly speechless. All I have are tears. Just tears.

I love you to the moon and back, Mom. Thank you for this most precious gift. I will never forget.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am now not sure where you are getting your information, however good topic.
I must spend a while finding out more or working out more.
Thanks for excellent info I was on the lookout for this info for my mission.



My blog ... new cellulite treatment