Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The big bird is thawing and this lady's blogging

The bird was purchased on Sunday... 17 lbs of love, ready to be stuffed and roasted to perfection! This year, I'm using Alton Brown's recipe. I found it in Food Network Magazine and it's received umpteen positive reviews... so I'm going to give it the ole' college try.

The last time we hosted Thanksgiving was 5 years ago. Ken & I were only dating at the time and it was the first time our parents were meeting one another. Little did I know (they were all in on it) that he was going to ask me to marry him that night. :)

This year, the same guests will be joining us as the year 2005 (but no foreseeable engagements will be made). We will be having an extra special guest at the table though... Miss Ava! She will get to eat the turkey and all the trimmings now that she has a few chompers. 



The parents will be staying with us (my Mom & Jim for a couple days, actually)... so we are SUPER excited to show off the house and all of the progress we've made.  And I'm sure they will love having their own rooms, too.

Lots to accomplish today!!  The grocery list is a mile long and I need to hit up Tar-jay for some other staples. I'm so excited that I couldn't sleep... hence me sitting here, blogging at 5:45 in the morning.  I need to go back to bed.  :)

No comments: