Friday, December 31, 2010

Come what may...

2010 was a great year. I feel so fortunate for all of my blessings. Each and every day I try and remember to thank God for all He has given me. 


2010 brought on a few changes... but not many.  The biggest was the purchase of our home/ relocation from the city to the suburb of Clarendon Hills.  Our home is lovely and I am so happy to be here... In fact, it feels like I have been here for years... maybe in a past life...?  I think both Ken and I are equally surprised at how easily we adjusted to the slower-suburban lifestyle.  We thought it would be a culture shock... and we've been pleasantly surprised on how much we welcomed the change.  We are hanging onto the condo in hopes that this dreadful economy will (finally) make a comeback and for it to (someday) turn a profit.

I'm still holding the title of CEO of Gilbert Enterprises.  Being able to stay home with Ava certainly has it's challenges on days where I just "don't feel like it" but I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. We play and laugh and cuddle... It's wonderful, getting to witness every moment of her growing up and becoming her own little person. I am sure that some will disagree, but there is not a child in the world, loved more than our girl.  I look at her sometimes and still can't believe she's mine.

In the year 2011, I hope we continue to be blessed.  More specifically to be blessed with a brother or sister for Ava... For Ken to keep "killing it" at work... and for continued health of family and friends.  Oh, and it would be ultra-sweet if Ken can qualify for his Chairman's Club (Ritz Carlton at Grand Cayman in April).  ;-)

My resolutions:

  • Cut back on drinking
  • Continue working out like a madwoman
  • Get health screens to make sure I'm here for the long haul
  • Be better about keeping in touch with friends
  • Spend less

Sayonara 2010.  Thank you for being so kind to us.  I hope your successor is as nice as you have been.  :)

No comments: