Friday, December 17, 2010

Dear Judy


I did it! I just sent my letter. I feel so glad I followed through and did it! I am going to try and do things like this more often.  

Here's what I wrote:
To Whom it May Concern:

I am writing to tell you about a very special sales clerk. Judy Jesswein (in your Oak Brook, IL store) saved my daughter's Christmas (and mine!!).

It's an annual tradition for our family to visit the Walnut room (Chicago- State Street Store). And each year, we get our daughters matching gifts. This year, the "Yes Virginia, there is a Santa Claus" snow globe was her takeaway gift. While playing with it at home, she dropped it... and it shattered into a million pieces. Needless to say, she was devastated.

I called the Oak Brook store and the first person I spoke with said they were sold out. So I hung up. I tried to order online. None available. So I called Oak Brook again, only this time I got Judy. I explained the situation to her and she took my number to see what she could do. She called stores in Virginia (she could see that they had some remaining in inventory) and offered to take my Macy's CC# and she could have it shipped to me... Problem was, I no longer have the credit card. So she went back to the drawing board. She called me about 30 minutes later, to inform me that she found one, by searching the store from floor to ceiling. She said, "It's here and it's got your name on it". Talk about an angel!!

She went above and beyond to help me and I think someone should recognize her for such a job well done. It's rare to get service like this anymore. I will continue to shop Macy's and tell my friends about my experience.

Thanks again, Judy. You're what Christmas is all about!

No comments: