Sunday, February 13, 2011

Valentine Schmalentine

I haven't been a fan of Valentine's Day for--oh, let's just say 14 years. If you know me, then you probably know that my Dad passed away on the night of Valentine's Day (very early morning on the 15th), after a short (and very cruel) battle with cancer. Since then, I've always winced about even the mention of the day. 

After meeting Ken though, the pain of the day softenend and I don't really "dread it" anymore. Instead, I've been trying to perk up a little & try my best not to be the "Grinch that Stole Valentines From Small Children". Having Ava in our lives certainly helps. I look forward to celebrating it with her in years to come... baking cookies, making valentines, etc. 

So this year... I thought I would perk-up myself by posting pics of MY valentine. 4 1/2 years ago we made it official. Here are some pics of the beautiful day:

St. Josaphat- September 30, 2006
The vows

"WE DID IT!!!"

So happy!
Looking back now I realize how cheesy the parasols are.  At the time, I thought it was brilliant.  We live.  We learn.  :)
In front of Buckingham Fountain
In front of the Wrigley Building

Our rendition of Abbey Road

Guess who made those menus...???  That would be me!
Guess who made the table name cards???  That would be me, too!
Checking the "poof"
Taking a carriage ride through the city

Arriving to our reception, by private boat!
Those are our guests up there... surprised by our entrance! :)

 


Great speeches!
Love to you.  Yesterday, today and tomorrow, too. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi love! I always think about you on Valentine's Day. You know I cherish our childhoods for so many reasons...510 Kimberly Drive. : ) Good memories and still best friends...I always hoped it would turn out this way! I love the wedding pictures. That is love and I knew it would be from meeting Ken at the Mexican restaurant in the Q! HAHA!! Happy Vday! xoxo,raja-daja